A wonderful service of Thanksgiving for Derick's life & work was held at the Crescent Church, Belfast on Sunday 28th March.
It was relayed to Fitroy Presbyterian Church and simultaneously broadcast on the web.
It would be interesting if those of you who watched the webcast would leave a quick note as to where you watched from.
Thanks, again, to all those who took part, or facilitated the service in any way.
Sunday, 28 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Watched from my home in Scotland, pictures and sound were excellent. Have listened to the radio interview too.
Regularly attended Derick's bible class in Glasgow every month, I am one of the many who have shaken his hand many times! An excellent bible teacher who I never tired of listening to.
Agnes
were really glad that kingdomstream let us here and see all that was going on. there was just once at the start of William's talk that picture and sound died briefly here in Geneva.
David & Pearl
A very big thank you to the I T Team, you did a great job. Special thanks to Mrs Anna Jamieson (Belfast)emailing us the link, just arrived in the nick of time to connect. Got to watch the Memorial Service from our home in Brisbane Queensland Australia. Picture and sound excellent, did have a brief hiccup during David Crawley's eulogy picture/video dropped out but we did get it back. A tad disappointed that the musicians drowned out the congretional singing, apart from that it was a joy and a privelge to be part of the Service some 12,000 miles away.
We have many of Derick's Tuesday Night at the Crescent videos which have been a real blessing to all who watched with us on Sunday evenings down our backyard, under a canvas Awning. We got back home to dear old Belfast Feb 22 2009 for our 50th weedding Anniversary, we had hoped to have met up with Derick, alas that was not to be.
Des and Dorothy Baird Brookfield Village Brisbane.
I watched it from my home in Collierville, Tennessee in the USA. My husband I were at home preparing to travel to a special event for a granddaughter ninety miles away therefore we were not present in our local church which is where we are usually. I did not get to see all of it. I left as Dr. Dornan was speaking. The impact of Derick Bingham's life is so far reaching. His many facets were reflected with insight and wise recollection. The music was so lovely and the speakers were easily heard.
Truly it was a worthy tribute to a man who followed God.
I felt I was there.
My soul rejoiced.
My heart was fed from the Word.
I grieved with his family....but in all I was encouraged to run my race with diligence, devotion and delight in the Christ who died for all... that we might live eternally.
I "experienced church gloriously" today with this body of believers.
Thank you.
I would love to see the whole tape. Can I get it on DVD or CD?
I also wrote a tribute to Derick on my web site. I only know him through his books and through being an intercessor for his family for this past year.
His loss is great.
Easter Blessings,
Billie Cash
www.billiecash.com
I could only watch about 20 mins. because of other commitments but it came across loud and clear in the Bay Area of San Francisco, California, USA. It was amazing to think I was in Crescent Church in March last year.
Living in Australia I was unable, because of the time difference, to watch the memorial service live. I am therefore eagerly awaiting the recording when it is posted on the ChristChurch web site. Like so many others, I too was a regular Tuesday Nighter back in the 70s and 80s and was blessed so much by Derick's ministry. I still can't believe he is gone! But I will always remember something he said to me when my father passed away, "You can't say you've lost something when you know where it is". We rejoice to know that Derick is right now with the "lovely Saviour" he so often taught us about.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank those responsible for posting this blog, which enabled us to follow Derick's journey over the past year.
I watched the entire service live in my home in Koshigaya, Tokyo, Japan, where I am serving the Lord as a missionary of the Gospel.
The reception was loud and clear, and it was good to feel a part of what was happening in my home church. Thanks you to all who made it possible. The only downside was the trio at the front who blocked out the wonderful congregational singing!
The service was a wonderful tribute to Derick and his long service for the Lord. As a former Tuesday Nighter and before that a Saturday Nighter at Derick`s meetings in The Centre in Newcastle during the early 70s, it was all very nostalgic. He had a great influence for the Lord in the lives of many people, and will obviously be missed.
He is no longer suffering, but enjoying the Lord`s Presence, fully healed and completely perfected. My love and prayers are for Margaret and their wonderful children, who will be feeling his loss the most. But we will all meet again,one Glorious Morning, around the nail-marked Feet of our Saviour and Lord.
she watched the service from her home in North Wales. Reception was good. Thank you.
Post a Comment